Coping with Memory Loss is at the heart of Miniature Details, LLC
A memory by definition is: something that is remembered, a recollection, or retained experience. We rely on our memory for everything.
To lose it, even partially doesn't go unnoticed.
- When we are distracted and "forgot something",
- When it takes a bit longer for something to come to mind.
- We are tired and something "slips your mind"
In those cases you often recover, your life isn't altered too much and you move on...but when it is more permanent and you can't remember anything,
It can not only be frustrating, but downright scary!
- forgetting where you are
- not remembering what you just did
- how to dress yourself
- unable to remember the past...
This can be life altering! It can change the way you proceed in life, how you function and sometimes you are having to rely on others for your safety and well-being.
However, studies show that memories can be triggered by:
- making a list
- using sticky notes to write down next steps or how to's
- journal writing
- mediation - guided imagery
- photos of places, events, and people